I am so excited about this year’s field at the 2014 AT&T American Cup. It is quite a female field, full of fan favorites! A combination of very talented women who each stand out in a crowd on their own merits. I could (and will) go on about every one of these women and why they stand out in the world of women’s gymnastics. I am so very excited to see them in person at the AT&T Cup!
- Canada – Victoria Moors – known for her incredible dance and the highest level of tumbling, watching Victoria on floor is a rare treat.
- Italy – Carlotta Ferlito – full of personality and growing into an ongoing international presence in the midst of her tv superstardom, Carlotta is becoming more fun to watch every meet.
- Italy – Vanessa Ferrari – Vanessa is one of the most well respected women in women’s gymnastics. She just keeps on going. She is a joy to watch on floor and beam, and seeing her on the floor in general is a piece of history.
- Romania – Larisa Andrea Iordache – Larisa is without a doubt one of the best in the world on vault. Her floor routine has become one of my very favorites.
- Spain – Roxana Popa Nedelcu – Roxana has quickly garnered attention with her brave, athletic and sparkling style.
- Switzerland – Giulia Steingruber – is one of the most innovative bar workers in the world. Her attitude makes you love her and just want to see her get better every year.
It’s hard to say who the ACTUAL Americans will be. Hopefully, we will see our two World Champions!
- USA – Simone Biles, Spring, Texas/Bannon’s Gymnastix
- USA – Kyla Ross, Aliso Viejo, Calif./Gym-Max